Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Ecstasy of Gold . . .

Today I decide to 'pop my cherry' in the blogger life with my 1st official blog from yours truly. As I sat here and debated what I wanted my first blog to be about, I thought to myself what do I LOVE...? Music, Art, Fashion and Sports came to mind.

With all that in thought my next step was to breakdown ideas in which way I should go. At that moment the new commercial by Nike came on my T.V and it hit my like a freight train. Boom! FOOTBALL should be my 1st entry. Why? Because football was truly my 1st LOVE and still is. As a shorty growing up in Miami and playing Pop Warner, the commercial depicted my dreams and where I wanted to go with my dreams. So I related and understood David Fincher vision with the commercial (except I didnt make it to the league). Lol.

David Fincher (who directed Alien, Se7en, and Fight Club) directs the life-long journey of pro football players LaDainian Tomlinson and Troy Polamalu as their destinies collide in an NFL football game. From the womb to high school to college and then The League. He also added the music from Ennio Morricone - The Ecstasy of Gold. If it sounds familiar it is. Jay-Z used the sample on his song entititled "Blueprint 2"", on his album Blueprint 2: The Gift and The Curse.

I hope you enjoy the commercial as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment