Monday, November 17, 2008

I Do Wonder....

Today I went over to my homie Taterz blog to check out if she had written anything new. She did! And I was amazed by it too(always am by the way). This girl has an incredible talent in putting words together. It just so happens I can relate to this poem, passage or free writing she posted and I wanted to share with my fellow readers. Its called ' I Wonder ' and I hope you enjoy it.

I wonder...

If our love were to end today, Love, how will you remember me?
Will you recall the perfect moments of pure, genuine happiness we made with our limbs hopelessly intertwined?
Will you think back fondly on the lazy afternoons we thought were wasted, but now are imprinted in my mind like photographs, beautifully serene and flawless?
Will you remember the comfort we shared, like a rare delectable fruit whose sweet juices we enjoyed until they ran out?
Or will the pain of the arguments overtake those memories, morphing my image in your brain from the girl you once loved into an evil, nasty bitch - err, witch?
I fear that you will remember my hands not by their soft touch but by the image of them slamming the door between us.
I know that the sting of headaches and heartbreaks is easier to remember than the light, passing smiles we shared.
It's simple: love's caresses fade, while fights leave lasting scars.
But try, Love, I beg you to try.
Let's, you and I, decide what memories we make, and what we will take with us the day our love is over.

Close your eyes and try to remember the taste of my neck in the morning.
Retrace the shape of my lips and my breast and my hip over and over with your hands today,
So years from now you can draw them from memory if you had to.
Record the fingers that run lightly over your scruffy face before you fall asleep, Love.
Remember the warmth of my embrace and the trace of perfume as you lay your head on my chest,
And how your arms wrap all the way around when you hold me.
(Sometimes you hold me so tightly, I'm convinced it's because you want to make sure I'm there when you wake)
Try, make mental notes, to remember me by my kiss and my song,.
More so than by my temper or my angry cries that only yearned to be loved by you too.
I beg you, like I've never wanted anything more.

For when our love is gone, Love, nothing will hurt more than being hated.
Or worse, discarded, like a faded picture, into the abyss of old memories.




If you wanna read more of here writing Click Here and head on over and feed your intellectual mind for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. wow I am speechless...that was BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, thank you... im speechless if u can believe that... and flattered of course :)

    ReplyDelete